This list needs no explanation:
1) You need a technical co-founder.
2) We're really interested in what you're up to, but would love to see just a little more traction before we fund it.
3) No one else can do this.
4) We decided not to charge our initial customers.
5) It's easier to get funded on the west coast.
6) This is projected to be a $54 billion dollar industry by 2019.
7) Google can't do this.
8) We're oversubscribed in this round.
9) We wouldn't take $30 million if someone offered to buy us right now.
10) We only fund great entrepreneurs.
11) This accelerator is really hard to get into.
12) We're using lean startup methodology.
13) Google will have to buy us.
14) I built that entire business for my previous company.
15) We have an agency that is going to distribute us to all the major brands, so we fully expect huge distribution and revenue in the next year.
16) We're not raising money right now.
17) We have proprietary technology.
18) We need to move fast otherwise we'll miss this opportunity.
19) And we haven't even spent money on marketing.
20) We're getting a lot of interest from top investors.
21) Once these big customers start using what we have, they're going to switch right away.
22) Every small business is going to sign themselves up.
23) People need a convenient way to have everything in one place.
24) We won't need to raise any more money after this round.
25) Richard Branson is really interested in what we're doing.