In my family, Thanksgiving is pretty much about eating... but we're Italian, so that's to be expected. Still, it's nice to actually stop stuffing your face for a second and think about what you're thankful for. Here's my list. If you blog a list of what you're thankful for, tag it "thanksgivinglist" on del.icio.us... I'd love to see what everyone else appreciates... and when you write the list, don't forget to tell others to tag it as well.
- Most importantly, I'm thankful for my family... My parents got through their new home purchase and renovation ok, my grandmothers are still going pretty strong at 88 (89 in February), and my brothers, who I know I need to call more often, are doing well, too.
- I'm thankful for the opportunities that my job at Union Square Ventures afforded me, and the challenge that I know have at Oddcast. It's been a really pivotal (and exciting) year for me professionally and next year looks to be even better! *hopefully*
- I'm thankful for great friends--some really special people in my life. My schedule is always crazy, but a handful of people have managed to hold on for the ride... some are new and some are old, and some are old friends that have become new in a way... coming back from college or grad school to continue and strengthen friendships from the past... To Brian, Adrianna, Suzie, Allison, Deirdre, Pastore, Tommy, Alicia, Kristin... thanks for sticking around.
- I'm thankful for my health... no major softball, kayaking, dodgeball, football, biking, skiing, or driving injuries quite yet... *knocks on wood*.
- I'm thankful for the Downtown Boathouse... not just the buildings
or the activities, but for the community. It's my second home five
months out of the year and I've made some terriffic friends through
it. More importantly, it's given me a new appreciation for the
conservation of nature in this city and a new perspective on New York.
- I'm thankful for this city... the only place I've ever really wanted to live and ever have. There's no place like it anywhere else, and I couldn't ask for anything more than to always be able to put a roof over my head here and to be happy with my life here.
- I'm thankful for the success of nextNY.... or rather... I'm thankful that it's success has enabled me to meet so many fantastic people that I can relate to and who have a vested interested in developing the NYC technology community. That's really what has been the most fun for me... the people are great. I can't wait to see what we do next year.
- And lastly... I'm thankful for this blog. Seriously. Blogging has led me to two jobs, a wonderful relationship, an adjunct gig, countless connections with really interesting people, on time furniture delivery and an elementary school reunion. It's been a great sounding board for my ideas and a lightning rod for people with similar interests. Thanks for reading... thanks for commenting, thanks for sharing on your own blogs and linking over... Your attention is much appreciated.