Lots to post about... Let's recap...
Well, the Mets have gone to shit, and actually, they've been shit all year. Its just that the Braves have decided they don't want to be shit anymore and now the Muttsies find themselves an insurmountable 4 games back. Insurmountable in July? Have you seen them play lately?
And.. can I spew on John Franco for a moment? And no, I'm not going to say he's a nice guy. Well, he's nicer than Carl Everett, but who cares? I don't wanna see nice guys play--I want winners, and this guy has been the Number One Loser reliever for the last 20 years. I can't even figure out why he was a closer for so long. Its like when you play softball with people you don't know and one guy tells you he plays thirdbase. Yet, when he goes out there, he can't even make the throw across the diamond. Just because you say you're something doesn't make you squat. I think over the years the Mets could have had anyone closing for them and they could have been better... at least in the regular season anyway. As for big games, who knows, but this guy blew saves left and right... and not tough saves. He'd just come in with none on in the ninth and make his own mess. In fact, at times it seemed the only guy he could get out was Barry Bonds. And now, he makes over a million a year and he's taking up a spot that maybe could be filled by some up and comer in the minors.
Frankly, I don't understand how he gets anyone out. He throws two pitches. A fastball over the plate, and a changeup in the dirt. If I was facing him, and I saw an offspeed pitch, I just wouldn't swing at it. He never throws it for a strike. Wait on the fastball.. that's all you have to do.
When David Cone realized he couldn't pitch anymore, he quit. Sure, he came back, but he came back when the Mets really didn't have a lot of other options, so realistically, he wasn't keeping anyone back... oooh Mike Bascik. Big deal. John Franco is done and he's been done since... oooh... 1993. They never should have traded Randy Myers, and the idea that some washed up third tier closer is their Captain is ridiculous. I don't care if he wears a sewer worker T-shirt under his jersey and his dad got swollowed by an alligator. You're a bum!
Ok... best line of the day from Thursday's lunch with the team.
Marcy was talking about being really sensitive to smell when she was pregnant... Charles chimes in and says, "Oh yeah, pregnency hightens all of your senses."
Jeff the Intern quickly follows with, "Speaking from experience, Charles?"
Without hesitation, Charles responds:
"People like you never read anything and the some total of your knowledge of Biology comes from your own experience in the bathroom."
Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Jeff the Intern.
In other news, I'll be implementing the following changes in my life:
1. No more random first dates just for the heck of it. I waste too much time going out with people on dates that go nowhere with people I'm not even that excited about. I need to focus more on friends, and people who I actually like.
2. Go to bed earlier. 11:30-midnight will be the new bedtime during the week. I waste at least a good hour of sleep doing nothing but chatting online, watching TV, or just sitting around. Its effected my time at the gym and my focus at work.
3. A few more hours at work. I have a lot of stuff on my plate and I haven't been executing lately. More hours and a little more focus wouldn't hurt.
4. More focused workout routine. I've been going to the gym, but there hasn't been a theme around my workouts, as opposed to when I was training for baseball. I need to create a schedule to follow of what I do when.
5. More time on the book. I need to get this book done, and if Mary the Publisher doesn't pan out, I need to hit the ground running on self publishing.
Alright.. that's all for now... I have a funny story from going out the other night, but I need to work on #5 for now.