I run a weekly newsletter of tech events in NYC where I throw in some other musings as well. This week, I thought about the holiday break and some things people could think about to have the kind of 2013 they want to have--more positive, more interesting, more authentic.
I suggested making some lists, and so I've published them here:
- Three people I’m actually friends with that I would like to be better friends with.
- Ten people I should know, but don’t.
- Five people I’d like to help be successful.
- Three things I’d like to learn.
- A physical goal (a time, a measurement, or just being able to be more bendy, less creaky, etc.)
- An emotional goal.
- Something you’d like to close the book on and move on from.
- Three ways you’re going to try to get more sleep.
- Read a book a month…list the first three you’re going to read. (Might I suggest re-reading the Great Gatsby before summer.)
- Five people you feel like you’re supposed to be friends with, but really don’t like, that you’re going to unfriend/disconnect/ignore.
- Three things that you’ve been procrastinating on that you’re going to get done.
Best wishes for a fantastic holiday season and a great new year!