My best friend Brian and I have birthdays a month apart, and so instead of buying each other equally priced gifts and exchanging them, which to me seemed silly, we've gotten into the habit of hitting up top tier NYC steakhouses. We've done it for promotions as well, and so steak has become celebratory food for us.
Here's where we've been so far:
- Del Frisco's - Best seasoning... friendly waitresses
- Ben Benson's - Redefined our notion of what a crabcake could be... best appetizers.
- The Strip House - Very dark... great food, though... if you date a steak girl, this is the place
- Old Homestead - Unbelieveable cut of meat... melted in our mouths like butter
- Wolfgang's - Solid all around
- Angelo and Maxie's - I have a special place in my heart for their Teriyaki steak
Seperately, at least one of us has also been to the following places:
- Peter Lugar's - Steak for steak people
- Ruth's Chris - Excellent service
- Morton's - Overrated (me)
- Smith and Wollensky's - Overrated (according to Brian)
- Sparks - Sorely disappointed when I went there...
- Gallagher's - Good food but the place is sort of a dump
So we're going out tomorrow for Brian's birthday and we need to cross another off the list. Anyone have any suggestions?