The really great thing about getting all these great people together for nextNY is that I really get to learn a lot.
Here's what I learned:
- Bars with big comfy chairs and leather couches are not condusive to mingling.
- The real business model in podcasting is recording everything in your life and then charging people not to podcast it. I mean, come on, how big is the global blackmail market relative to the potential podcasting advertising market? (from Greg Galant of Venture Voice)
- If you are an entrepreneur, Barcelona wants you!
- As the organizer, I will never get a chance to play pool.
- SquareSpace was created and run by just one guy... and a small army of carpenter ants, but they mostly just do QA.
- When two or more podcasters show up to a party, and record each other's podcasting each other, its called group podcasterbation. (from Adam Varga of DailySonic )
- Student Advantage was a billion dollar market cap company at one point....actually, for one day.
- Some really cool people come out of ITP...actually even more cool than I thought before.
- The next trip I go on, I need to go here to find people who travel the way I do.
- Dewey's has a really good jerk chicken sandwich.
More pictures taken with our cheap throwaway camera here.