Please pass this on to anyone you think would be appropriate. It is a fulltime position for someone with great internships up to a couple of years of experience. To me, this is just about the coolest marketing job I could imagine someone having out of school and it is a real opportunity to make a name for yourself and be a part of something big.
You lead a full and exciting life, both online and off. You know nightlife, art, sports, politics and lots of different kinds of people. They’re all on your IM buddy list, MySpace, Facebook, LiveJournal, blog, Xanga, Friendster, MyYearbook, etc., etc.
You know these sites like the back of your hand because you actually use them. Your profile has the coolest bling and you’re the first to find the latest stuff. How many online friends do you have? 50? 100? 500? 1000?
Ideally, you also have experience, either at an internship or fulltime, with more traditional media and PR as well as experience in an internet or web-based role, including online organizing, website development, implementing online campaigns. Blogging experience, effective writing skills, marketing, journalism, RSS and HTML knowledge are a huge plus.
You work with a product manager and help generate buzz for Oddcast’s new talking avatar product. (Example: www.myspace.com/ceonyc not final product ) This is not sales. It is a free product where you will lead by example. You will need to find creative ways of using the product and stay connected and tuned in to key influencers.
1) Live out loud online and be yourself. Build real and authentic relationships with key influencers in social networks.
2) Pitch use of online talking characters to target audience. Get initial users signed up.
3) Create a platform specific communications and feedback program that informs users of best practices, new features, use cases, and collect bugs, suggestions, etc.
4) Create fun product pages on various social networks and keep up-to-date. Post relevant information in forums and message boards.
5) Monitor buzz, news, growth, and create appropriate reporting for tracking.
6) Help plan and execute creative guerilla marketing campaigns. Pay attention to entertainment news to help generate topical pop culture references and stunts to generate buzz.
SUBMISSIONS: Please submit your resume and links to wherever you live online, your Facebook, AIM, MySpace, blog, etc. to email@example.com.
(Don’t clean up your profile for us. We want you “as is”… we swear!)
No phone calls will be accepted. Due to the volume of applicants anticipated, we will not be able to respond individually to each applicant and will only be contacting those applicants that we feel best meet our criteria.
ODDCAST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE CAREFULLY CONSIDER APPLICANTS FOR ALL POSITIONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.